Thursday, October 23, 2008

2 Point Perspective Revisited


Reviewing 2 point perspective is always fun. I try to do the project with the kids in order to demo the process.
The assignment is to demonstrate knowledge of perspective by working with buildings, cars and people, foreground, middle ground and back ground. Students can go anywhere and any time in their imagination. Ideas can spark from a good book, movie, trip, dream, etc. I tell the kids they can use the opportunity to crawl around in their heads. That seems to be a bizarre idea to some....
Here is mine in process. I settled on a little scene of an English village based on some genealogical research I've been doing and then spiced it a bit with experiences from some trips to London.
After it's done from memory, I then like to compare the actual snapshot at the end of the project. My memory always embellishes the scene. That's the halo effect I believe.
And yes, some of the kids seem to work better with a little competition from me. Our rule is that they get another day after I pull in with mine finished. They're always praying I'll loose my pencils or break my fingers.... We'll see...

2 comments:

Collette said...

I love these perspectives that you draw. You should put up some of the others that you have done. This one is looking just as fun as previous ones!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I just grin ear-to-ear every time I see a piece of yours. I just can't get enough. Your scenes are lovely, and each character has just the right amount of personality. just awesome.