Saturday, October 1, 2011

Watercolors

Cottonwood Lake Road
- a great little side trip.
The scanner decided to crop an inch all the way around, but the road is the important thing.

Cottonwood Lake
There was a platform over the water in the '30's used for dances, and I believe a sawmill too.
I'm working at getting contrasts. This is a combination of watercolor and w.c. pencils - I feel a real need to control where the color goes. I guess it's the residual effects of years of pen and ink.

By the way - the art show in Cheyenne worked out really well.
Many pieces are now happy in new homes. The majority of the acrylic and colored pencil sold.
I am smiling even though the profits about covered matting and framing costs.
There's just something about knowing people out there will actually buy your work.
I wonder about adding a serious gallery to this blog. Hmmmmmm.

No comments: