Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"If happy little birds fly south, why oh why can't we?"

Seems like those are the lyrics to some song - aren't they?
I have enjoyed reading everyone's blogs, seeing new pictures, and hearing new stories.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped here. I think the sense of community which blogs form is marvelous.

This is a tessellation done in pen and ink and prismacolor pencils. Sometimes I work the kids into it. The stoner is modeled after one of the kids in class. The chirpy cheerleader too. (No offense intended) And not to be left out, I am at the leading right edge with the pencil behind my ear and the "Art is my Life" apron.

5 comments:

Collette said...

I don't think I've ever seen this one. I love it. If your students only knew...or maybe they did!

mom/Janet said...

Kathy,
I absolutely love this. I think it would be fun to have one that represented each member of the family, meaning husband and children. When do you have our name for Christmas? I think it's next year - -hint hint.
I love your work!!!!

Kathy said...

Janet,
Let's see what we can come up with during the year. Send me a list of who should be in it and we'll design it back and forth.
Kathy

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Kathy, You continually amaze me, thought I don't know why since I have seen so much of your work, but I am still so in awe every time I see something new. This one is so fun!